Friday, April 12, 2013

Conference Weekend

Do you not just love conference? I love conference. I love that I can wake up just a few minutes before conference starts and I don't have to worry about being "late". I don't have to worry about getting ready. I don't have to worry about finding a seat. I can just wear my pj's and lay on the couch. Not only is it nice to be able to just lay here and listen but I get to listen to the Prophet and the apostles.

I can't remember who it was, but I loved the talk about marriage during the Sunday morning session. I also loved what Holland said, "Imperfect people are all God has ever had to work with. That must be terribly frustrating to him. But he deals with it... so should we". I loved President Monsons story about him basically starting a forest fire! ha.

What I really loved about conference this time around was I got to babysit Jill and Jeremy's younger kids while they took their older children to a session of conference. We live RIGHT next to a trax station. Will likes trains (what little boy doesn't) but Calvin is totally OBSESSED with trains!! I think obsessed is an understatement. We just opened up our sliding door and Calvin and Will watched the trax go by almost the whole day. haha. Every time it would go by Calvin would yell, "Train!" So I decided to take Cal for a ride. He was so excited. While waiting for the trax to come he was talking nonstop about trains and trax. Every time he heard a noise he would whisper, " I think I hear it." When we got on the trax... oh my gosh he was in heaven. Staring out the window... bouncing on his seat....etc. We just rode to the next stop, got off and rode back home. But he was loving every minute of it.

When Jill and Jer came and picked him up he was telling them all about it. Jill sent me a text the other day and it said, "Calvin: 'Natalie is my aunt. So is Stacie and Kiersten. And the girl I ride trains with'". haha he always forgets my name. He remembers Nicks and every ones but mine. Oh well. At least he remembers the trains. ha. I am glad Calvin had fun on the trax... so did I. I love spending time with my cute nephews and nieces. I am pretty sure I have the sweetest in the whole wide world.

Our ride


Waiting for the train

So excited


Picnic while watching the trax

Love this baby

Conference


No comments: