Before we left for Florida Nick and I decided we would share a suitcase. We only wanted to pay for one bag. Because we decided to share I also decided to bring my purse for an extra carry-on. Everyone is allowed one personal item like a purse and a carry-on like a back pack. So we get to the airport and we go and check in. The guy checking us in turns to me and tells me I am only allowed one bag. I look at him confused and a little annoyed. I was thinking to myself "Um no... this isn't my first rodeo." But I said to him, "My purse is my personal item and my back pack is my carry- on." And then he tells me. That everyone is only allowed a personal item and they have to pay for carry-ons!! I was not happy. So I shoved my purse in Alex's carry-on. Then he turns to Nicks mom. And tells her the same thing. And then tells her that her carry-on is too big and will have to be checked in. Right after we saw him let a man go by with a HUGE carry-on way bigger then Nicks moms. So we kind of put up a fit. So he was all fine measure it here to see of its too big. So we put it up to the measure thing... sure enough it was too big... by less than an inch! So he told us you can risk it and see if the flight attendants make you check it in. But he kept telling us we might as well check it in now. But we didn't. And guess what it was fine. Then it took him about another 15 min to get our tickets figured out. Everyone behind us in line was mad at us. Um hello... this guy sucks!
So then we get on the plane. And the flight attendants tell us they will be coming around to give us our complementary drinks.... oh for $2.00. Wait what?? Complementary drinks are complementary that means free. Not with Frontier. I'm sorry am not about to pay $2.00 for a can of pop. When I can get a huge fountain drink from Burger King for $1.00. They don't even give out water for free! Lucky for me I had a drink I got in the airport with me. They took forever to take off and we had a connecting flight that we had to run to.
That was just our flight to Florida... our flight home went like this. Lucky us we flew with United on our way home. So we got a carry-on and personal item. And we got free drinks. But we had a connecting flight in Chicago. We had a hour lay over. That turned into over a 2 hour lay over because of bad weather. So we finally get on the plane. And then we are waiting forever because the run ways were backed up because of the weather. They ended up flying us to Denver. When we got into Denver we had missed the last flight into Salt Lake. So United gave us coupons for a hotel. But we didn't have any of our luggage or anything. Luckily in my carry-on I had a change of clothes for me and Nick. And my hair stuff. The hotel supplied us with Shampoo... Toothbrush and other hygiene things. The next morning we had to wake up super early to catch our shuttle to the airport. I was a little said we missed our flight in Denver and not in Chicago. ha.
So here is the lesson I hope you get from this... DO NOT fly Frontier. There might not be a perfect airline out there. Things happen. Weather happens. But there are airlines that are better than Frontier. They are just a joke!!
1 comment:
Bummer about your flight problems. I hate things like that. And I totally agree - too bad you didn't get to spend the night in Chicago. That would have been awesome!
Post a Comment