A couple weeks ago Nick and I got back from a Jazz game. We moved the Honda back into our spot at 10:30 PM. Then we went to bed. The next morning as I was leaving for work at 8:45 am I looked over to where we parked the Honda (out of habit I always look to see if its still there I don't know why) and it was gone!! I stood there looking at the spot not knowing what to do. My head was racing with thoughts, "If I go back inside and wake up Nick I will be late for work". "I can just call him on my way to work, but then he might not wake up". "Did we get towed?" "Why would they tow us, we didn't do anything wrong." "It was stolen. It has be stolen". "If Lionsgate towed my car I am not paying for it. We shouldn't have gotten towed." I went and woke up Nick and said, "Nick the Honda is gone." He shot up and said, "Is it really?" As he peeked out our window. He had the same thoughts as me. "Did we get towed...." I left Nick to call Lionsgate as I went to work. The whole way I kept thinking about it over and over. And deep down I knew it wasn't towed. I knew it was stolen.
I got to work and started to do my thing. When Nick called. He said that Lionsgate didn't tow us and he called the Police and they double checked to see if it was towed and it wasn't. He said in order to file a police report we need the Vin number, plate info, and a few other things. All of which were in the car and no where else in our apartment. I called the DMV to get the information since it is under my maiden name. Well the lady at the DMV was rude and not helpful. She said in order to get any of that information I need the plate info or the Vin number and they can't give that information over the phone. Well lady thats stupid I called cause I don't have that info so why would I come in to get the information if I already had it. I left work to head to the DMV. In the mean time Nick called our car insurance people to see if they had all this information. They had some of it but not all of it. So Nick called the Police again and they thought the DMV was a joke and they looked up all the information we needed in their system. So finally we filed a Police report. I didn't have to go to the DMV after all. The Police told us if they find it we would have 10 to 15 min to get there before they would tow it. And if they tow it we would have to pay for the tow and to get our car back! So I stayed at home a little longer just in case they called. Nick was calling all the insurance people letting them know it was stolen and junk.
Well the police called about 3 hours after we reported it stolen. They found the car a few blocks from our house in Kearns. We pulled up to a ghetto neighborhood and a house with like 10 people just sitting in their front yard. And 5 cop cars were surrounding our car. The cops had us fill out paper work. And they told us that they caught the couple that stole it. But they wouldn't give us any other information really, like how they found it or anything. But the house where it was parked in front of was their friends house. They told us to go threw the car and see if anything didn't belong to us. They had left their take out, drinks, backpack, sunglasses, the gadget they used to break into our car, amongst other things. The cop told Nick to really deep clean the car. The way he said it made it sound like they were gross people that took it and probably did drugs in it.
They took almost everything out of our car. And we had a completely full trunk. It was filled with things we were going to take to the DI. And things we wanted to keep but didn't need right now and didn't have room in our apartment. They left Nicks old school books. Those idiots those can sale on Ebay for big bucks. And they left a sign we got from our wedding that we didn't know what to do with. But other than than that they took everything. They tore up the driver side visor. I am not sure why. And they tried to take off our registration stickers. They are now barely hanging on. They also did something to the steering wheel. It drives fine but you can tell they messed with it.
The next day we deep cleaned the car. Took it to the car wash and all that fun stuff. To get new stickers we have to go to the DMV and pay money. Why should I have to pay? I didn't steal anything. The insurance won't pay for anything that was stolen because we haven't met our deductible. We are trying to be positive about the whole thing. Jokes on them the GPS they stole was broken. They did us a favor now we don't have to deal with that stuff when we move. The cop told us that Honda Civics are easy to break into and easy to steal. She said she would do 1 of 2 things. 1. Get a steering wheel lock. 2. Sale the car. The Hondas value is more to us then it would be to someone else. If that makes sense. I mean I bought for $2,000. And even if we sold it for that much we wouldn't be able to get a car we want for that much.
We are so grateful for the Murray City Police and Kearns Police for helping us get our car back. And we are so grateful that it is still driveable. We really do love our Honda.
![]() |
| 3 of the cop cars (2 undercover). |


1 comment:
I can't believe that happened! I'm so glad that you got your car back, though. Crazy.
Post a Comment