Monday, February 2, 2015

Twin Forks and Family Fun

Remember the band Dashboard Confessional? Well I loved them!!! At one of their concerts  I was so close to the front and I yelled,"I love you." To Chris Carabba and he said,"I love you too baby." And then I almost died.

Well Chris is in another band and its called Twin Forks. And they came to Salt Lake. So Levi got me, Stacie, Steve, Kiersten and a few friends tickets (Nick was out of town so he couldn't come). And I even found my Dashboard shirt to wear that I got at my first Dashboard concert clear back in 2006? 2007?

So we met up at the Gateway to walk over to the concert. Levi was the leader, telling us where to go. Well he got a bit turned around and lost. So we ended up blocks and blocks away. So we were trying to figure out where to go when Stacie asked the taxi biker where to go. He was kind enough to offer us a free taxi bike ride to the concert. And what a ride it was. First of all it was pretty cold. Second of all dang he could ride that bike fast! And he was cutting in and out of cars and lanes. Running red lights and all the jazz. But we finally made it to the concert. Where we ran into Ashley!

The first band reminded me of the band from Freaky Friday. Like no joke. We made it pretty close to the front. Then finally Twin Forks came out. They played some of their songs. And then they sang one of my favorite Dashboard songs... You Have Stolen My Heart! LOVED IT!!! Then he sang some more Twin Forks. I turned to Stacie and said, "I just really want him to sing Hands Down." Like within a few minutes he started to sing a Dashboard classic another favorite Hands Down! The crowd including myself was loving it! Then he finished his set with more Twin Forks.

After his set we went out to look at his memorabilia. And he soon came out and started not only being a cashier but started to sign stuff for people. Stacie asked for a picture and he told her that he was going to do pictures later. So like groupies we hung out by his table waiting for pictures. Finally it was my turn for my picture. I walk up to him and he grabs my shirt! And he says, "I have been loving your shirt! I love it." I said, "Thanks I'm glad. I love it too." We took pictures. I said thanks and he squeezed my arm and smiled. I also got my shirt signed. Needless to say it was a pretty awesome concert.

We then headed to The Pie. I love that place. As always it was a delight and we left super full. It was such a fun night with family and friends.

Bike Ride
Bike Ride 




Twin Forks





1 comment:

Shantel said...

What a fun time! I love that you wore the shirt that you got at his concert so long ago and that he complimented you on it. That's awesome.