Thursday, March 24, 2011

Love, Life, and Hope.

When I was in High School I was introduced to the song "Living On A Prayer" by Bon Jovi. I fell in love with this song instantly. To me it wasn't just a song it was more than that.... it was an anthem. Every person and every couple at sometime will feel what Tommy and Gina felt. Its a song that everyone can relate to{maybe that is why it was voted the 80's number one song}. I can describe this song in three words... 1. Love 2. Life 3. Hope. Not long after I heard the song for the first time I decided I had to hear this song live. I started to listen and like most of Bon Jovi songs. Years passed and "Living on a prayer" has remained my all time favorite song.  Every time I hear it I don't sing along... I scream along {and dance}. It gets kind of scary when I'm driving.

For Christmas this year Nick gave me the perfect gift. He gave me two tickets to the Bon Jovi concert. I was thrilled. I anxiously waited for March 22nd. I couldn't wait to hear about Tommy and Gina {an epic love story}. When we got to the concert all I could think about was my song. The whole concert was amazing. They played my favorite songs. I knew that "Living on a prayer" would be the last song so I was getting very antsy. Then finally I heard the famous introduction and the chills came down my arms. And everyone in the Energy Solutions Arena screamed along. It was the coolest thing ever.. almost spiritual. That is something I will never forget.


{Living On A Prayer}
Once upon a time
Not so long ago...

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike
He's down on his luck...it's tough, so tough


Gina works the diner all day
Working for her man, she brings home her pay
For love - for love

She says: We've got to hold on to what we've got
'Cause it doesn't make a difference if we make it or not
We've got each other and that's a lot
For love - we'll give it a shot

We're half way there
Livin' on a prayer
Take my hand and we'll make it - I swear
Livin' on a prayer

Tommys got his six string in hock
Now he's holding in what he used
To make it talk - so tough, it's tough for Tommy


Gina dreams of running away
When she cries in the night
Tommy whispers: Baby it's okay, someday

We've got to hold on to what we've got
'Cause it doesn't make a difference
If we make it or not
We've got each other and that's a lot
For love - we'll give it a shot

We're half way there
Livin' on a prayer
Take my hand and we'll make it - I swear
Livin' on a prayer


We've got to hold on ready or not
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got

We're half way there
Livin' on a prayer
Take my hand and we'll make it - I swear
Livin' on a prayer!!!!

No comments: