Do you remember this post about answered prayers and how Nick needs ICU experience in order to get into a Masters Program? Well let me tell you another story....
In Utah getting ICU jobs are very competivtve. Because I swear everyone and their dog wants to be a nurse here. And most hospitals only hire nurses with ICU experience. Anyway Nick I decided that if he couldn't find an ICU job by December we would move out of state where he could find a job easier. So once we got back from Europe Nick started applying for jobs here in Salt Lake County. Because he doesn't have ICU experience he got rejection after rejection. We were both discouraged.
Then he got a call from The University of Utah Nero ICU. They wanted an interview. Nick worked with a nurse at St. Marks that also worked on that Unit at the U. She told him that the Nurse Manager doesn't hire nurses with no experience but she does interview a lot of people just cause. So even though Nick got an interview he wasn't too excited because he thought there was no way he would get it.
Before his interview he was sitting in the hall and he heard the Nurse Manager basically offering someone else the job. He was really discouraged. But he went into the interview anyway. The Nurse Manager told Nick she would let him know either way by Monday. So Monday came and nothing. So he called her Tuesday and she told him to give her another week. We were like ok whatever. So next Monday came and nothing so Wednesday Nick called her again. She told him to give her another two weeks. We were frustrated she wanted us to wait like a month. Nick was so annoyed he kept on saying, "Just tell me I don't have the job already." Well a couple days after she told Nick that she called him back. She told him, "I don't want to wait any longer. I'm just too excited, I just want you to know that I want to hire you." WHAT?! We were so excited! This is Nicks dream job as a nurse. And it will help him get into a Masters Program. The U has a awesome reputation and everyone that worked on that Nero Unit that applied for CRNA school last year got in.
There are other perks to Nick having this job. 1. He gets a free UTA pass. Which is awesome. We live right next to a trax station and there is a trax stop right by the hospital. So we are saving money and its so nice not having to worry about driving in the Snow and junk. 2. In six months he gets half off tution. And in a year I get half off tution. If we choose to do any classes or anything. Which he might have to for the future.
So we are staying in Utah... for a couple of years at least. And it amazes me how much everything falls into place. We are so blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment