Monday, July 13, 2015

Random June Fun

June is always a busy month for us. This June was no different.

For Fathers day Nick and I woke up and went to my grandpas. It was also my parents 36th wedding anniversary. Most of my family was there. We had breakfast, relaxed, and talked. I was very blessed in the dad department.... and Grandpa department. I love my dad and grandpas so much!! They are wonderful examples to me in every aspect possible. They have taught me hard work, dedication, compassion, charity, love, and how to live a Christ centered life. I also have been blessed with wonderful parents. That are great examples of a happy successful marriage.

Nick and I had the opportunity to go to my friend Emilys wedding. It was beautiful. She got married up  in a Cabin in Springville. It was a fun wedding. I loved being able to see so many of my friends and catch up with them. And spend time with Nick.

In June we were also able to go to the Ogden Temple to do a session with my parents, and Levi. The Ogden temple is where not only I received my endowment but its also where my parents got married. It was so cool going there for the first time. We walked in the doors and there was one of my Grandpa Craguns good friends checking people in. This is silly but is made me feel like my Grandpa was there with me on my big day. None of us have been back to the Ogden temple sense. The physical appearance is totally different now. But inside you still feel that same spirit and the gospel principles remain the same. Thats one reason why I love the gospel. It doesn't change. I am so glad I was able to go to the temple with my family.  After the session we went and picked up my Grandma Cragun and Grandpa Heslop and went to Maddox for dinner. We love that place. We enjoyed raspberry butter and homemade cream soda. My Grandma surprised me with a gift. Every time we would go to my grandparents house I would look in her china hutch and stare at all their figurines and want them all so badly. My Grandpa Cragun told me some day he would give me one. Then he passed away and secretly I hoped for one some day. And sure enough.... my grandma delivered. She gave me a little BBQ with a little chef. She told me she gave that one because we are moving to the south and those southerns love their BBQ. I love it!!


Me and my Grandpa Heslop on Fathers Day
Emilys wedding


The Ogden Temple


Maddox... It might not look like it but we had fun

No comments: