Wednesday, November 11, 2015

A Random Post About Life Lately

Nick is still really busy. Monday -Friday he has 12+ hour days. Saturday he has 8+ hour days filled with studying. Sounds fun for him right? We do make time for some fun ha. Recently our "date night" was frozen pizza and cotton candy ice cream while watching Netflix. We love cotton candy anything in our house and pizza so it was pretty perfect.  We also got the chance to explore Kings Street. Its a popular place here in Charleston. This is where Nick fell in love with pralines.

I have a part time job nannying for a little 6 month old girl. She is usually pretty happy and easy going. And I come home from work smelling like baby... I can think of worse things to smell like.

The other day after church I come out of the bathroom with the freezer door wide open. I said to Nick, "Really you left the door open." No response. So I started to look for him. As I am looking I am calling out his name. Couldn't find him anywhere. And he wasn't responding. So I go to look down the stairs by our front door to see if he had left... And there he was hiding eating cookie dough! He looked up at me like a little boy that is in trouble. I just started to laugh. He says, "Just wait until there is two of me." I might be in big trouble. ha

The other night as me Nick were sitting there watching TV I am 90% sure I felt the baby kick. It just felt like someone poked me. Not too hard but hard enough that it was very distinct and I said to Nick, "Holy crap! I think I just felt the baby!"

Its November!! We are still wearing shorts and sandals most days. Sunday was the coldest its been... it was in the 60s.  But I love November and the feeling in the air from now until the New Year.  The feeling of gratitude, love, hope, and Christ. I read this quote the other day and had to share:
"This is a wonderful time to be on earth. While there is much that is wrong in the world today, there are many things that are right and good. There are marriages that make it, parents who love their children and sacrifice for them, friends who care for us and help us, teachers who teach. Our lives are blessed in countless ways. " President Monson.

Nick enjoying his cookie dough
Exploring Charleston 

1 comment:

Shantel said...

These are my favorite kind of posts. I'm so excited for you and sweet baby Fawcett. What are you watching on Netflix? We need new shows!