Friday, November 27, 2015

The Craguns in Carolina

So I was not supposed to find out the gender of the baby until December 2nd. Its the policy of my doctors office to wait until 20 weeks. But my parents were coming to town for Thanksgiving and my mom wanted to know for her visit. So her and my dad paid for an early ultrasound. And its a girl! Nick had never been to an ultrasound before so I basically watched him the whole time. His eyes were wide and he had this sparkle in his eyes. You could just see the excitement and love on his face. He thinks that the baby has my nose.... I think he is right. Nick has always said that he doesn't care girl or boy. But when we found out its a girl his response was priceless. He said, "I am so glad.... I always wanted to a have girl....You know daddy's little girl". We opened the envelope of pictures telling us the gender at dinner with my parents and Levi their first night here.

They got here late Saturday because of weather delays. So we had dinner and hung out at the apartment. They brought me one of my favorite treats chocolate covered cinnamon bears. They don't sell them here!! The next day we went to church. I actually had to speak in church on Sunday. After we had Sunday dinner we headed to downtown Charleston and Battery Park. There is so much history and so much to see there that we had to take them there. We walked around the Battery while me and Nick played tour guide and gave them the history of the Battery.

Monday I had to work and Nick had school. Luckily our friend Tiffany took my mom around running errands while we were gone. My mom got us a Christmas Tree!!  Along with other things we needed. But after work we went to the outlet. After some outlet exploring we had dinner at Hometeam BBQ. Tuesday morning we woke up early. We went on a carriage tour. They are so much fun! You learn so much. There is so much history in Charleston. After the tour we went to lunch and did some souvenir shopping. Then I went to work. After work we had dinner at Swig and Swine. I love that place. Then we came home and relaxed. Wednesday once I got off work we picked up Nick from school. Then we went to the Downtown Market and walked around King Street. The market was established in 1804! Once again so much history here in Charleston. Then we went to a late lunch early dinner at Pages Okra. Such yummy food! After dinner the boys all took a nap and me and my mom went shopping.

Thanksgiving day we woke up and helped my dad prepare Thanksgiving dinner. It was so yummy. And we have so many leftover! After dinner was all cleaned up we went to Folley Beach. We spent a good amount of time at the beach. After the beach we went and got ice cream at Ye Ole Fashioned Ice Cream. They have such good ice cream. Then we went back and relaxed at our place. A little later me, Nick, and my mom went to Wal-Mart, Target, and Kids R US to look at black Friday deals. We didn't buy anything. Once we got back we had pie. We had so much pie!!

Unfortunately bright and early 4:30 am Friday we were heading to the airport to drop off my family. It sucked. But I am so grateful that I got to see my family even if it was just for a short time. I am also so grateful for my family. Nick is such an amazing husband. Always looking out for me and my wants and needs. My Siblings and parents thinking of me and Nick taking care of us when we need it the most. My in-laws also so thoughtful towards me and Nick. Doing everything they can to make sure we have what we need even though we are miles and miles away. We are so blessed.


Rainbow Row
The Battery 






YUMMY

Swig and Swine 
Sleepy Nicky

Folley Beach





No comments: