Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Spring Break 2016

Words cannot express how excited I was for Spring Break! Nicks break started Thursday night and lasted for a just over a week. It was amazing.

Friday: We woke up early and headed to North Carolina. Nicks mom had a time share at Kill Devils Hill North Carolina so we took advantage of that. It was a pretty drive at times slightly boring. The thing about driving in the South (well at least most the places we have been) you don't see much from the roads. All you really see is trees and more trees. Every once in a while you will see a billboard or a gas station but mostly trees. Like I said its pretty but also boring. We stopped at Roanoke Island on our way to the condo. Roanoke Island has a very interesting history. It is known for the lost colony but it is also where Union forces took over. It was known as a "Safe Haven" for slaves. We went out to dinner that night and just walked around the beach. It was a fun day.

Saturday: We met up good friends, the Springer family. They moved to Virginia a few months before we moved to South Carolina. We went to the Wright Brothers National Monument. It was pretty cool seeing were the first flight took place. And it had a pretty good view. After the monument we went to lunch and then to some sand dunes. We rented a sand board to use while we were there. The girls loved it! Nick and Jordan were slightly disappointed in their experience on the board.... but you know Nick he has to try everything at least once. And it was pretty funny watching them try to go fast down the dunes. After the dunes the Springers headed home and Nick and I went to the beach and just enjoyed the weather.


Where the first flight took place


Sand Dunes
Trying to surf








Sunday: We went to Bodie Lighthouse. I think its my favorite lighthouse we have seen. It was so picturesque.  Fun fact: Its called Bodie Lighthouse because of the dead bodies that would come to shore there... If I remember correctly they were pirates. Anyway they had a pretty little walk to do there too. Later Nick and I had a picnic at the beach. I am so glad we did this. We were just sitting there eating when Nick goes I think I see a whale. Sure enough he did. We sat there and watched it for probably a hour. We saw it blow air out of the blow whole and all that fun stuff. It was hard to get a good picture. But it really was a lot of fun.

Love this place



Monday: We headed to Wilmington NC. Wilmington is known as the Hollywood of the South. TV shows like Dawsons Creek and One Tree Hill were filmed here. And a ton of Nicholas Sparks movies were filmed here like Safe Haven. We went there because we heard its a really neat place to visit but honestly we went because I loved One Tree Hill. And I wanted to do a self guided tour of "Tree Hill".  Nick was nice enough to come along.

Lucas Scotts house
Keith's Auto Shop
Karens Cafe
Brooks house
The Bridge
Tuesday: We finished our tour and also went to see the USS North Carolina. Then we headed home. On our way home we stopped by Myrtle Beach. We walked the board walk and had ice cream. We liked it and decided we will be going back to visit.

USS North Carolina

River Court

Myrtle Beach


Hard Rock (of course)
Wednesday- Saturday: I had to work a few days once we got back but we still took advantage of Nicks time off. Nick and our friend went and picked up my Christmas present... yes Christmas present... it was on back order. My new glider! The dresser I ordered also came in. We went to Folly beach and Kiawah Island with friends. We had a BBQ by our pool with some friends too. We also did a lot of laundry and organizing and cleaning getting ready for the baby.





I was so sad once the break was over. I didn't want Nick to go back to school. I can't wait for his next week off in May!





No comments: