Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Valentines 2016

I know so many people hate Valentines. I know people think its a made up holiday and you shouldn't need a holiday to tell someone you care. But here is the thing... I don't care... I still love Valentines! People are right you shouldn't need a day set aside to tell someone you care. But I take it more as an excuse to be mushy, romantic, and lovey dove without being judged for it. Its just fun. Its an excuse to go on a date, to eat great food and not feel bad about spending the money. Haters are gonna hate... But I don't care, I love Valentines Day!!

This year for Valentines Nick and I celebrated a little bit on Saturday the 13th and Sunday the 14th. Saturday Nick came home from studying with beautiful flowers for me.  We went to Ye Ol' Fashioned  Ice Cream and Sandwich Cafe. We have had their ice cream before and its the bomb.com. I'm pretty obsessed with it. But we haven't tried their actual food before and we heard good things about it. Apparently Bill Murray loves it so we went and tried their food. Nick and I both got BLTs. Let me tell you what... such a good BLT. We were in heaven. And of course we had to get some ice cream for the road. Their cookies n cream ice cream is AMAZING! Since it was Valentines I got the bigger size just so I could save some for Sunday. I am so glad I did, like I said before... I'm obsessed with it. Once we left Ye Ol' Fashioned we went to Papa Murphy's to pick up a pizza for Sunday.

On Sunday we woke up and went to church. After church we watched Netflix and finished our ice cream. Then for dinner we made the pizza we picked up the night before with some awesome sparkling pina-colada. It was nice and relaxing. I love hanging out with Nick. It doesn't matter what we are doing.




No comments: