*warning this post might be long and boring. But it's my blog so I can post what I want to.
I woke up the morning of April 15th to my water breaking around 8:45. I just laid there in bed not knowing if I just peed or if it really broke. Nick hadn't left for school yet. So I went out to him and said, " I think my water broke." He said, " Are you sure?" I replied, "No." Ha so we decided to have me get ready just in case. So I showered. And started to get ready. As I was getting ready contractions started to come 4 minutes to 10 minutes apart. My mom text me and said, "How you are doing today?" I responded, "I'm fine" haha. I didn't want to say anything until I was for sure and checked in and everything. We got to the hospital around 11 am. Sure enough water broke and I was admitted. I have a friend who works on the labor and delivery unit. And she hooked us up with really great nurses. They were awesome. I got the epidermal ASAP. Thats when we text our parents a picture of my wrist name band thing. My mom couldn't believe that I hadn't told her sooner. After a few hours they gave me some pitocin to help regulate my contractions. After more hours had passed it was time to push. Things were going great! I thought to myself, "This isn't too bad." Yeah I jinxed myself. Her head was facing sideways. Making it very hard for her to come out. After 3 hours of pushing the doctor came in and said that the baby's heart rate had dropped a little. They weren't worried yet but they didn't like that. Also there was no progress because of the way she was facing. So they want to try the vacuum 3 times. And if that doesn't work then we would have to do a c-section. I was so mad. I had been working hard I didn't want a c-section. I was so frustrated that I couldn't just do it by myself after pushing for 3 hours and being in labor for over 12 hours. They got us all prepared for the c-section. Nick got all gowned up and ready to go. And we went off to the OR. I know they told me this to comfort me but really it just stressed me out... They pointed to the hall way filled with doctors in masks watching us threw the window. And they said, "That's a team of pediatrions here to help your baby if she needs it." So we tried the vacuum two times and nothing. The doctor informed me this was the last try. Thankfully she finally made her appearance. She was born at 1:03 am on April 16 2016. Just a few days before my due date. They rushed her out of the room pretty quickly once Nick cut the cord. But all the nurses and doctors commented on how much hair she had and how much bigger she was then they had thought. Everyone thought she would be maybe 7 pounds. Well she ended up being 7 pounds 14 oz 19.25 inches long. They brought her back and let Nick hold her. And eventually once I was all settled I got to hold her too. We couldn't have planned her birth date any better. It was a weekend, Nick was free, and it was before finals. We were also blessed with many friends coming and visiting us and taking care of us while we were in the hospital before family got there. Nick and I couldn't decide on a name. We had 3 we were trying to choose from. The birth certificate lady came to pick up the form for her name and junk and thats what finally pushed us to decide. I finally wrote: Quinn Rebecca Fawcett. We love our Quinn so much. She will always be our little southern belle.
 |
| The picture we sent our parents |
 |
| All ready for the C-Section |
 |
| Quinn Rebeccas first picture... all smiles |
 |
| All that hair |
 |
| Our first selfie... discharging from the hospital |
1 comment:
Kellie-darling. Congratulations! She's so sweet. I can't believe that she is smiling in that first picture. Labor is hard work but so so so worth it right?
I can't wait to meet the beautiful girl!
(Also, I love reading birth stories like this - not long or boring at all!)
Post a Comment