Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Precepting--

Well here is the thing. This past month or so has been long. Nick has been on the go more than usual. He is just finishing up his Precepting. For those who don't know what that is I will tell you. Basically he has to work 140 hours at Nephi hospital for free. This is mandatory in order for him to graduate. On top of that he still has his normal school work. And he is still working full time.   He leaves for Nephi at 5 pm and gets home around 7 am. My poor Nick is super tired and super busy. It is so hard waking him up, it makes me sad. I can see how tired and worn out he is.
I not only feel bad for him but of course I feel bad for myself too. I don't get to spend as much time with Nick. Some days I don't get to see him at all. Some nights I stay up all night waiting for him. I just watch Netflix, play on facebook, and text Nick all night and morning. Nick will bring home some breakfast and then we will go to bed at about 7am. I also have come up with a fun little game. Nick doesn't like it too much but I find is amusing. Each day when he is about to leave for Nephi I hide a few of his things he needs in order to go. Then when he is about to leave he says something like, "Ok well I'm leaving." Then I say, "You can't go, you don't have your keys." Sometimes it doesn't get that far, sometimes Nick will realize whats gone right away. Like when I hid his pants and shoes. Nick is usually pretty good at finding his stuff fast. Today I hid three things from him. And this time he struggled with finding them. 

Stethoscope-- Behind T.V.

Keys-- In MY pocket

Wallet-- In my coat.
Nicks last day of precepting is Thursday or Friday morning I guess!! I can't wait!! I am in the process of planning a celebration. I will probably continue to play my little game of Hot and Cold even after he is done. Its just so much fun to watch him find his stuff. I will miss all nighters and breakfast burritos at 7am. But I will not miss hours by myself. Or praying for good weather for Nicks drive. All I know is that I am so grateful for Nicks motivation and dedication. I don't know how he does it all. He is amazing.


1 comment:

Kierst said...

hahah you brat! hiding things. hahahah really funny though.

YAY FOR NICKY!!! i'm inviting myself to this celebration.