Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Blue Angels

Nick grew up close to Hill Air Force Base. And he became obsessed with airplanes, jets, and helicopters. Ever since I have known him he has wanted to go to see the Blue Angels fly. Well a couple of Saturdays ago his dreams came true. We went with his family to Grand Junction to watch them fly.

He was like a little boy on Christmas. He couldn't keep his eyes off the sky. Even when we were walking around the air show he was walking with his head up looking at the sky. It was really hot in Grand Junction. Alex and I wanted to sit down in the shade to watch the show but Nick stood right in front.

Not only did we get to go to the show but we got to see Nicks sister and her two kids that we haven't seen in a long time because they moved to Colorado. It is amazing how fast kids grow up.  It was fun getting to hangout with them. We also went to Nemo 3D.

I am glad Nick got to see the Blue Angels fly. I am not going to lie, it was pretty cool. Now Nick wants to watch the Thunder Birds...


No comments: