Monday, November 12, 2012

A little gross.

On and off for the past year and a half or more I have been having problems with my wrists. I can't do anything without them hurting.  It hurts to put my car into park. I can't put any pressure on them at all. Some days is isn't bad and I can ignore it. Other times it is so bad I can't even sleep because they hurt so bad. 

Well one day a month or so ago they were hurting bad and I looked down and noticed I had a few bumps on my hand/wrist area. I showed Nick and we decided it was time to go to the doctor. So off we went. The doctor had a few ideas of what it could be but he wanted to get X-Rays done and go to a hand specialist. So thats what we did. 

The specialist told me 1. I have the smallest wrists he has ever seen on a girl my age. ha 2. He thinks I have something called a cult cyst. Unlike most cysts these cysts are growing like in between my bones and muscles. In order to confirm that is wrong I need to get MRI's on both wrists. Lame.  I have insurance but it is still a lot of money. And if I do have these cult cysts then I have to go into surgery. For both wrists. One wrist at a time. More money. 

I just brushed it aside and haven't thought about it since because thats a lot of crap to deal with. But the other day I looked down and holy smokes! My bump on my wrist is getting bigger I swear! It grosses me out. Now I am thinking about the whole surgery/MRI thing again. 

So now I have to figure out when I good time is to go get an MRI. It is hard forking over money for something that isn't a sure thing. Also it is scary and I will  have to ask off work and such. 
Anyway that is whats been going on. A little boring maybe gross but thats it.

Here are pictures of my wrist. They don't do it justice:


Yes, that point is the bump on my wrist.

Top angle. 






2 comments:

Shantel said...

Oh my goodness! How crazy. You should ask Lorilei Jonson Adams about this - I'm pretty sure she had the exact same thing happen and had to have surgery. I hope that you figure things out soon.

Anonymous said...

Kellie! You need to get this taken care of ASAP! That looks like it hurts. :( Love you!-Sam