Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Change.

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better with change.-- Jim Rohn

Where to begin... you might remember this post about answered prayers or maybe this post about Nicks new job.  Well... this summerish Nick started to apply to CRNA schools. Every day his top schools are changing. He applied to 4 and is planning on applying to about 3 more within the next couple months. Getting everything ready for him to apply was stressful! We were constantly doing something for his applications. But we finally sent them in and started the waiting game. Luckily we were busy with getting everything ready for our trip to the Dominican and everything else.

With our trip approaching we were getting excited to go and relax. One day at work I get a text from Nick saying he got an interview with National University in Fresno CA. We were super excited. But National wasn't Nicks first, second, or even third choice. As he looked more into it he started to like it more. But thats when he found out the acceptance rate is less than 10%. So he kept telling himself that it would be practice interview because there is no way he would get in. A few days or weeks later I got another text from Nick saying he got another interview at Bloomsburg University in PA. Just a few days after his interview in California. The more he looked into this school the more he liked. But then he saw the acceptance rate and felt discouraged. And basically said it would be more practice. So fast forward more days or weeks and Nick texts me and tells me he has an interview at Clarkson College in Nebraska. We couldn't believe it! We just hoped he would get into one of the three.

So Nick goes off to his first interview in Fresno. He flew in went to the 6 hour interview then flew home. Exciting huh? He thought it went ok. He was pretty impressed with the program and school. There a few things he didn't love about the program. But no program is perfect. So whatever. They told him that he would know if he got accepted in about 6 weeks. A current student told him that they will call you within a few days if they really like you because that means they really want you to go to their school etc. So then we both headed to Pennsylvania ( that will be a different post). We were driving back to our hotel from Gettysburg the day before Nicks interview. When Nicks phone rings. I look and it said it was from California. Right then I knew. I said to him, "Its from California!" I hurried and handed him the phone. As he is talking he looks at me and gives me thumbs up. After a while he hangs up and says, "Well I got into National." We were so excited. And we felt relief. But I also felt stress because that program starts in April!

So he goes to his interview for Bloomsburg. He is way impressed with the school and the program. It is a little longer than other programs which is a pro and a con. And we both liked the location. They tell him he will know if he gets accepted in about 2 weeks. So the next day we got on our flight and head home. We land in Arizona for a quick layover. And Nick has a voicemail from Bloomsburg offering him a spot in their program!!! We were thrilled.

As of right now Nick hasn't decided if he will be going to his other interview. He still plans on applying to a few more schools for more options and such. But he also has eliminated a school he has already applied to. Every day his mind changes about if he doesn't get into anywhere else where he would want to go. Or if he should even continue applying. Some days he is all about Fresno. And then others he is all about Danville. But most days it is Danville.... so as of right now come August we will be moving to Pennsylvania for at least 3 years.

We are pretty excited about our new adventure coming up. I have started a list of things we need to get done before we move since that could be anywhere from March to August. It is kind of scary since all I know is Utah. But it is also way exciting and it will be so worth it in the end. It is an answer to our prayers.

Side story: I just love Andy, Jenny, and their girls. We went over to their house to help them with a few things. I was talking to Bailey about us moving. And I told her that her and her sisters need to start saving their money to come and visit us. Bailey got a huge smile on her face and put her finger in the air (like she had a brilliant idea) and said all excitedly, "I have the perfect jar!" She took me upstairs to jar that she had in her room. She picks it up and says, "Its perfect! Its even empty." So we made a sign for it and got it all ready for her to start saving up money. She already has a few coins in it. 


1 comment:

Shantel said...

Oh my goodness! What huge changes. I'm excited for you and Nick. Congrats to him for working so hard - I'm impressed that he was accepted to so many schools! Good for him. I can't wait to hear what you decide. Also, if you end up in Pennsylvania - we might have to come visit. I've always wanted to to visit Frank Lloyd Wright's masterpiece home, Falling Water. That would give me another good reason why we should go there!