On October 20th 2008 after weeks of texting and phone calls lasting all night Nick and I went on our first date. Nick picked me up and we went Gurus Cafe in Provo. Neither of us had been there before. I hadn't been feeling well so I didn't eat much of my dinner. And Nick noticed and said he was disappointed because he thought Gurus was supposed to be good and he didn't like it (years later the truth came out that he actually did like it but he said that because he thought I didn't like it). After dinner we went to Wal-Mart where Nick bought me Candyland. Then we went to the park and battled it out with Candyland. I beat him 3 out of 3 times. Since I won he had to make me dinner the next night (everytime we play Candyland we play best out of 3 and we actually keep a tally of wins for each of us a tradition that started on our first date). After Candyland we went to his apartment and watched a movie. And well folkes that was a first date.
Our first anniversary we went back to Gurus for dinner. And then the night Nick proposed we also had dinner at Gurus. We hadn't really been back since. Well this October 20th. Nick got sick. We were going to go to The Red Iguana but instead our night was spent at home. With me taking care of Nick and praying he wouldn't throw up on me. So romantic I know. Nick felt terrible. He kept saying how he ruined the night etc. But he really gave more time to think of what I wanted to do and it gave me and idea...
So the next day Nick felt much better. So he picked me up from work and he headed to Provo. We went and we ate at Gurus for dinner. I got a really yummy wrap. And Nick got fish tacos. Then we headed to the park to play some go old fashion Candyland. I won 2 out of 3. So right now we are tied with our on going tally. After Candyland we headed back to Murray. I can't believe I didn't take any pictures. Oh well.
But doesn't time just fly by? I love looking back on our first few dates. Trying to impress each other and getting to know each other. I loved every minute. Its so crazy to look back at us then with so much hope for the future and wonder. And looking at us now with all our goals coming into focus and yet still so much hope for the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment