We spent all Saturday hiking. We literally hiked for 10 hours. We got to Arches so early we didn't even have to pay! I know what you are all thinking... Kellie hiking? Kellie hiking all day?! Is it the second coming? Here is the thing. I really want to like being active. I really want to like going on hikes and junk. So I am faking it until I make it. Plus Nick loves this kind of stuff and I sort of like him so I am willing to suffer a little to make him happy. And who knows the next time we will get the chance to go to Moab and hike all day.
We started with the Windows hike... nice, short and easy.
From there we did the Double Arch hike. Another short, nice and easy hike. My type of hike.
Then we did the famous Delicate Arch hike. I didn't want to do this hike because it said was a difficult hike. Not Easy, Not Moderate, but DIFFICULT! I made it very clear to Nick I didn't want to do it. But I could tell Nick really wanted to. And like I mentioned... I am sometimes willing to suffer so he can be happy. So it started off and I was negative Nancy. Nick kept saying it can't be too hard he did it when he was eight and it was super easy. And if an eight year old could do it then so can we. So we walked and and hiked and walked and hiked some more. There were hard parts and easy parts and then we reached what I like to call hell. I literally thought I was going to throw up. I noticed I was not the only one. Other hikers around were all having a hard time in "hell". Nick even said to me, "Ok so maybe I didn't hike this when I was eight... but I thought I did. This is just too hard." But eventually we made it to the arch. And it was beautiful. Nick said," See it was worth it." And honestly it wasn't the view that made it worth it. It was knowing I suffered and pushed myself to get there. And I didn't throw anything at Nick in the process. Nick also said, " I did do this hike when I was eight!! I obviously had more energy then." haha
After the Delicate arch we did a few more hikes in the Arches park. More easy shorter hikes. We did this one that I must say was real lame. It was the Horizontal Arch. It was about a hour. And I felt like it was for nothing. The view was not my favorite. It was just a blah hike. Now... that might have been because I was hungry. But still.
So after we were done at Arches National Park we went and got lunch at the Golden Arches aka McDonalds. As we were eating we drove to Canyonlands National Park.
There we did the Mesa Arch hike. And oh my gosh!! This was my favorite hike. It was fast, easy and absolutely beautiful!! The best view yet. I didn't want to leave. I would recommend that hike to anyone!
After the Mesa Arch we left the Canyonlands and did another hike.... Corona Arch. This hike was different. It was less busy then all the other hikes. And we had to cross a train track. It was total Thunder Mountain Status! We also had to use cables and ladders. It was pretty hard. I am not sure if it was hard because I was freakin exhausted or because it is just a more difficult hike. Don't get me wrong though it was much easier then Delicate Arch.
After hiking all day Nick and I were beat. We had dinner and then Sunday morning we headed home. It was a nice fun weekend that left us both very sore.


















No comments:
Post a Comment