Thursday, April 16, 2015

Easter

I love Easter weekend. I especially love it when it falls on conference weekend.

The Saturday before Easter we headed to my Grandpa Heslops. Almost my whole family was there.... it was crazy and full of fun. We all watched conference together. In between the two sessions Nick , Me, and Levi went to the Burger Bar. I love that place!

I enjoyed being able to hangout and relax with my family and also being able to listen to our church leaders. You would have thought we were watching an intense movie or something during the afternoon session. When a few individuals didn't sustain the prophet we all looked at each other confused and said to each other, "Did you hear that? Did they say no?" Then when President Uchtdorf told them to meet with their Stake Presidents we were all at the edge of our seats. I must admit at first I was so mad. But soon that anger turned to sadness. I felt bad for President Monson. But I also felt bad for those who didn't sustain him.

After both sessions we did a small egg hunt. The kids already did the city Easter egg hunt but we did another one for kicks and giggles. Soon after that the boys all got ready and went to the Priesthood session and went to dinner. While us girls and children went to visit my Grandma Cragun. I just adore her. She knew I was coming so she went out and bought one of my favorite drinks... Simply Orange. She was so upset when she thought she accidently got the kind with pulp since she knows I don't like that kind. My grandma is so thoughtful and sweet. We got to catch up with her and enjoy some dinner. Eventually Nick and I called it night and headed home.

Easter morning we woke up found our Easter baskets and watched conference. Don't you love waking up and going to church in your pajamas? I love it. The Easter bunny brought me jelly beans, mini cadbury eggs, my favorite chips, propel, and chapstick. The Easter bunny brought Nick trail mix, clif bars, other power bars, and propel. He must have known about all the hikes Nick has planned for this summer. After conference we headed to Nicks moms. Our niece and nephews were over so we got to hangout and play with them. We made an Easter craft out of Twinkies, Peeps and a few other things. Then we went to Nicks aunts for dinner. We didn't have the traditional Easter dinner with ham and what not but it was still good. But we did have homemade carrot cake for dessert.

This Easter was like no other. I can't explain it. The whole day I felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude for our Savior. I don't know if you were able to watch the churchs video, "Because of Him". Well I watched it... over and over. I thought about all the things I have been blessed with. And I am in awe. Its all because of him and his love and sacrifice. Because of him families are forever. I get to see my grandparents again. And I get to be with Nick forever! When talking/ learning about the atonement I always focused on the fact we can live again. But recently I have had a different perspective. I have been thinking more about the fact that because of him I am not alone. Elder Wirthlin said, "Because Jesus Christ suffered greatly, He understands our suffering. He understands our grief...The Lord Jesus Christ is our partner, helper, and advocate." When I am struggling, unsure, overwhelmed, frustrated, or sad he knows what I am going through. He has felt all that and so much more. He is there to help me when I fall short, when I feel like I just can't do it. And that brings me so much peace and comfort. 

Burger Bar with Levi
My sweet Grandma
My sisters with our amazing Grandma
My Easter Basket
Nicks Easter Basket
Easten covered in our Easter craft
Alex and Nick showing off their crafts

No comments: