Wednesday, April 22, 2015

this week...so far

Nick and I are moving out of our apartment on Saturday. We have to be completely out before May 1st. We are moving in with Nicks mom for our last few months here. Our contract is up and it will be nice to save money.With our work schedules this is literally the only time we can move. Its still not the best time to move with me working on Saturday. But we have to do it. We are planning on this being a test run for the big move in August. So we are renting a truck to see what size we are going to need when we go to Charleston. We wanted to move all the other things we will not be taking with us but just storing before Saturday (snowboard, a big soft chair etc.) Well we got all of it moved except this chair.... and thats where this story begins....

Monday:
Nick and I woke up and ran 100 errands. We measured this chair to see if it would fit in this small suv that we borrowed just to move this chair. Nick figure if we could remove the legs it should fit. Well they were screwed in there deep. And all of Nicks tools were at his moms from repairs he has been doing there. We had to go to Home Depot anyway so we just bought a 80 cent screw driver while we were there. When we got home we remeasured everything and with the legs taken off it would be cutting it pretty close. But we thought might as well try. So Nick starts taking off the legs... and well they won't come off. They were not only screwed in there but they were glued. They were stuck. Now on Saturday we are going to have to do an extra trip in the moving truck just for this one chair. Before I left for work I put laundry in and left. I get home and Nick had put the clothes in the dryer. I was putting the laundry away when I noticed grease stains on 4 of my shirts and a pair of Nicks shorts. I mentioned it to Nick and he said he found chapstick in the wash. Luckily 2 of the shirts are undershirts and I should still be able to wear them. But my two other shirts are done for. And they just so happen to be 2 of my favorites and one of them I got in January with Christmas money. So I haven't even had it that long. Needless to say I am not very happy. Nicks shorts are also done for and they are one of his favorite pairs too. Yeah we are not happy campers. Then Nick tells me the computer wont charge and it has been hot and it randomly shuts off. So after googling we think we found the problem. The battery status said normal and it was working great.YAY! By the end of the night we were beat.

Tuesday:
I get home from work and start packing away. I had to get dishes and junk that I can't reach. So I climbed on the counter. I do this all the time (short girl problems). I don't know what happened but I started to fall so I hurried and grabbed onto something. Well I grabbed onto the microwave door... so that just flew open with me holding on for dear life. I am not sure how I didn't fall. But once I got off I noticed I hurt my back. I kept packing even though my back was killing me. As I was walking putting something away I collapsed because my back started to lock up and spasm. Nick gets home we have dinner and went and started to work on stuff on the computer. Well it randomly shut off again. And wouldn't charge. We did the same steps before to fix it at least temporarily. Yeah it didn't seem to work. So we just shut it off and planned on working on it tomorrow.

Wednesday: 
Wake up back still hurts.Turn on the computer and it still wont charge. I hurried and backuped our pictures on our external hard drive. I checked the battery status it said, "Replace battery soon" with a caution sign. Great. Is it even worth replacing? We were planning on buying a new computer for Nick for school. But it was just going to be a school computer. What about me?! I need something to use! Also its just nice to have a back up computer for times like these ha. We are planning on taking the computer in to the Apple store for their advice on Thursday. 

Well its only Wednesday lets see what else this week has in store for us. Our to do list seems to be growing instead of getting smaller. I'm just praying we survive this week and this move.

No comments: