Saturday, October 10, 2015

Happy Birthday Nicky!!

This year Nicks birthday was pretty lame. He had a test the next day so he didn't want to celebrate on his actual birthday. So... September 9th (his actual birthday) went like this: Nick woke up and went to school. Came home. We had a small dinner then he opened his dumb presents. He didn't want me to get him anything. I can't do that. So I got him a big bag of Sour Patch Kids... he loves Sour Patch Kids. And I got him pumpkin spice latte M&Ms. After opening his gifts he studied. Then we went to bed.

The next day wasn't much better... After he got home from school we had dinner. I had him pick the meal he wanted. He chose Philly Steak Sandwiches. I have made these like 100 times. But for some reason these batch was the best batch ever. It tasted so good. At first I thought it was in my head but then Nick said, "Did you do something different? They are always good but this time they are just better." I didn't do anything different, I'm hoping next time I make them they are that good. So I didn't make a cake for Nick. We aren't big cake eaters. And I knew that if I made a cake we would throw a lot of it away. So instead I made one of Nicks favorite desserts.... Apple Dumplings. I don't think they lasted 3 days, we ate those like they were going out of style! After we ate the Apple Dumplings we watched some Hawaii Five-0 on Netflix and then went to bed.

I didn't get any pictures this year. And I feel terrible about it. I even told Nick how sorry I was that I didn't get any pictures. His response... "What, pictures of me studying?" I still feel bad not just about the pictures but that his whole birthday was so.... blah. But when you have no money and not a whole lot of time away from school this is what your birthday looks like. Hopefully I can make it up to him next year.

Happy Birthday Nick! I'm so glad you were born. "Of all the things my hands have held, the best by far is you."

No comments: