Friday, June 20, 2014

Twenty-six

So these past couple of weeks... ok so the past month or so has been very stressful and emotional {ugh}. But because of this I feel like I have a new perceptive on things. I clearer vision on what is important and what doesn't really matter as much as I think. And because of my new found perspective this birthday has been a different one. It has been one of the greatest ones.

I'm not going to pretend that I longer love birthdays or presents or junk food. Lets be honest I will always love presents and junk food and I'm pretty sure I will always love birthdays. But this year I feel more gratitude for all those people in my life. Those people who love me and wanted me to have a good birthday. I'm so blessed.

My birthday celebrating began the Sunday before aka Fathers Day. We went over to Nicks moms for dinner. She had surprised me with a cake and Butterfinger ice cream. I love Butterfinger ice cream! I opened the card Nicks grandparents gave me. They are so sweet and so giving. His grandma always stresses what to give everyone for gifts. They got me a gift card so I can go shopping. I love shopping.

Then Monday I got birthday wishes from my two favorite missionaries. Monday night after work Nick and I headed to Ephraim. We were surprised to see the Coxes visiting my parents. So we spent Monday night just hanging out with the Coxes and my parents. I love the Cox family so much. Jill and Jer gave me a free Spit It for my birthday. I have said it before and I will say it agian. I love watching Will and Nick together. They are best buds and I love it.

The next morning was June 17th my birthday. I woke up to Steve yelling Happy Birthday! And my parents singing happy birthday to me. I got up and saw the best birthday sign yet! Steve made it for me. And I am so grateful for him making it for me! I loved it! It was so perfect. My parents got me a card and money. You can't go wrong with money. Nick and I went and dropped off our Honda to get expected. We get it done in Ephraim so we don't have to pay emissions. Then we went and ran a bunch of other errands. Yes, I ran errands for my birthday... and it was awesome. 1. I love getting things done and not having to stress about my "to do list". So it was a birthday present being able to get all this stuff done that we needed to get done. 2. I got to spend the day with Nick. So yeah it was pretty great. We ate lunch at Das Cafe. I love that place! I love German food!

After lunch we ran more errands. Then went back to my moms. Andys family came down to help my parents put up a fence. So we got to hangout with them a little too. We also went to Steves house and visited them for a while. Then back up north we went. On our way back we stopped at The Nest on Main to do a little shopping with Stacie. She got me a couple of cupcakes from The Sweet Tooth Fairy. After hanging out with the Durrance family we went to dinner.

Of course we went to Tepanyaki! I love that place! And on a Tuesday night there is no wait. After dinner we went home. And had Nutella cake from Das Cafe. And opened gifts. Nick got me scrapbook stuff... yes, I still scrapbook. A few pairs of cute earrings that I love. And a freakin cute watch. We spent the rest of the night on Netflix. It was pretty perfect.

Well the birthday celebrating didn't end there. Nicks mom and I went shopping tonight for my birthday. She is the worst at keeping secrets. We always know what we are getting for Christmas from her. She just gets too excited she has to tell us. ha. So for birthdays most the time she just takes me shopping and buys me a shirt or two. Its nice because it gives us both something to do. And this way I get what I want in the right size. I am so lucky I married into the family I did. Nicks mom is so great to us. I also got a card in the mail today from my Grandma Cragun. I just love her so much. Ever since I was little one of my favorite things about my birthday was getting a card from her and my grandpa. That hasn't changed. She is so sweet. She doesn't just sign her name and give you money. She writes a message and I love that. It made my day. I can't explain it, I am just so grateful for her. And I am so glad I still have her around.

I just feel like my heart is going to burst! Between my family and friends I truly feel so loved. And I am so happy and so blessed. I feel frustrated because I wish I could put into words how I feel. But I can't ha.  I don't even care that I am now closer to 30 then 20... ok maybe I care a little.

Ok rant over... until next year June 17th... its been real.

The cake Nicks mom made
New Watch
Birthday Fun
Email from Kiersten
My birthday sign 
My birthday sign 
Nutella Cake

More Birthday Fun
Card from my sweet grandma

1 comment:

Shantel said...

Yay for your birthday! It sounds like you had a great time. I'm super glad. There are lots of really big important things in life - but little things like birthdays are still really special.